MoU was signed between Quadrant Televentures Limited (QTL), operating
under brand names of Connect Broadband and Videocon Telecom; and PEC
University of Technology, Chandigarh for collaboration in sharing
advancements in communication technology. As technology leaders in the
domain, Quadrant Televentures Limited has taken a major initiative for
introduction of industry best practices with the budding engineers.
QTL shall establish and set up an Advanced Communication lab at
Department of Electronics & Communication of PEC University of
Technology premises equipped with latest technologies viz., WBB, FTTH,
GSM and CDMA in initial phase. This would enable the PEC community to
experiment on these technologies.
1. A lab in the area of telecommunication namely ADVANCED COMMUNICATION LAB is proposed to be set up in the Electronics and Communication Engineering department of PEC University of Technology by QTL, equipped with latest technologies, for providing a live simulation environment and to impart practical technical knowledge to the students and faculty for Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) Department of PEC University of technology.
2. It shall help the Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) Department of PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh in developing the design facility (in AutoCAD) in the areas of wired and wireless system.
3. Setting up of the lab would benefit the faculty, Under Graduate (UG), Post Graduate (PG) and PhD students for lab experimentation, BE projects, ME / PhD Dissertation in the field of communication.
4. It shall help the industrial training, industrial tour and employment of the Under Graduate, Post Graduate students of ECE department.
5. It shall help in improving the technical skills of the faculty by providing up to date technology development training from time to time.
6. It shall provide hands on experience of live technologies and hence better technical understanding of the same.
7. It shall create the opportunity for PEC students to work on projects like, RF optimization, Network planning, EMF, Transmission, Broadband (Wi-Fi and DSL) etc.
8. It shall also impart the students to use the lab for exploring new and fresh innovative ideas and support for the same will be provided by QTL.
9. It shall also provide the knowledge regarding FTTH, WBB, GSM and CDMA.
This arrangement is on Non-commercial basis.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Manoj Arora, Director PEC University of Technology said, â€œWe appreciate Videocon Connect for this initiative. It will help our students keep pace with the technological advancements in Communication Engineering. I am sure the students and the faculty will gain immensely from the interaction with the business groupâ€.
Mr Arvind Bali, Director and CEO of Videocon Telecom and Connect Broadband said, â€œThese engineering students are going to be the drivers of technology in future. We strongly believe that it is our responsibility to expose them to the technological developments around the globe. We have taken this initiative to ensure closer coordination with one of the most prestigious technology university in the region.â€
CONNECT is an India-based Unified Access Services Licensee in Punjab Telecom Circle, which consists of Punjab, the Union Territory of Chandigarh and Panchkula. The Company also provides a full gamut of telecommunication services, which includes voice telephony, both wireline and fixed wireless, Internet services, broadband data services and a range of value added service viz., centrex, leased lines, voice mail and video conferencing.
What more? CONNECT also provides Wireless Broadband service across Punjab. Offering high speed internet through a wireless medium, CONNECT Wireless Broadband enables users to access internet through their Laptops, PCs, Tablets, Wi-Fi enabled phones in the wireless vicinity & FTTH which is a Broadband telecommunications system based on fiber-optic cables and associated optical electronics. The technology reaches the boundary of the living space, such as a box on the outside wall of a home. Quadruple play of high-speed broadband, high-definition video, unlimited 'anywhere' telephony, and real-time surveillance are a few key take-always for users.